Startled! - Livin' the Good Life
Sep. 2nd, 2011
04:38 pm - Startled!
When I went out to deposit some kitchen scraps in our compost bin yesterday, I was surprised by an unwelcome visitor: A Green Mohave rattler. I noticed pretty quickly that he seemed to be caught in the netting we had over our tomato plants growing next to the bin. Turns out he was fatally caught. He had already expired. I'm grateful that he hadn't succeeded in getting in because I could have been bitten while reaching in to harvest a tomato! Just a "heads-up" for us desert-dwellers to keep our eyes and ears open while walking around this place. Be careful where you put your feet and hands.
These snakes are very beautiful, but deadly.