OK, I'm Tagged - Livin' the Good Life
Apr. 17th, 2012
10:40 pm - OK, I'm Tagged
I'm only doing this because it's you who tagged me, Jill. I could never say "no" to you! (After all, as far as I can tell, you are my only reader.)
1. What do you wish you would have known earlier in your life?
How to take better care of myself. Somehow, I didn't learn that growing up.
2. What is the hardest thing you have done so far?
Recover from emergency abdominal surgery at age 45. It took about 2 torturous years.
3. What is one health tip you try to live?
Good posture is directly related to my health and needs to be taken seriously. I do.
4. What are you currently reading?
I just finished WHEAT BELLY, but I'm not done with it yet because I am trying out the recipes in the back of the book. So far, I'm really liking them! I made a wheat-free pizza yesterday that had a "crust" made of cauliflower. It was surprisingly good!
5. What do you generally have for breakfast each morning?
A smoothie made with spirilina, cacao, maca, chia seeds, banana and water. Delicious!
6. What is one thing you learned from your dad?
That being cheerful and even-tempered and ready-to-help is a good way to be.
7. What was the happiest age of your life, so far?
Ooh, that's a tough one! I loved being a kid. I loved being a teenager. I loved being a young mother. I loved being an older mother. I love being a grandmother. Each stage had its ups and downs, so they weren't all good, all the time, but, they were all fantastic much of them time.... I did really like age 50.
8. Name a favorite song on the radio today in 2012.
I have no idea. I don't listen to the radio. (what's yours?)
9. Three words that describe your mom.
ultra-sensitive, emotional, loving
10. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To not always feel so contracted about stuff .... to automatically respond inside myself with a "YES" instead of a "no".
11. What project are you currently working on?
I'm making a "skirt" for our entertainment system so that Ollie (in theory) can't fiddle with the knobs, getting ready to re-surface our deck, fix a section of fence that blew down, move our garden structure to a different spot on our property, help Damian put up an 8-section fence in their yard, and most exciting.... I'm getting rid of "junk" in my plasma. (I know, I know... I'm weird.)
I'm adding my favorite question from the list of questions your "tagger" gave you:
12. What do you wish people understood about you?
That I mean what I say and that I think other people mean what they say. You can take me literally. I just wish I could take everyone else literally. It would make things so much easier for me and there would be less misunderstandings.